Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that\'s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn\'t about another gadget, it\'s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There\'s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life\'s best work.(sm)
At Optum, part of the United Health Group family of businesses, we\'re using leading-edge technology to create the health care system of tomorrow. When you join us as a Software Development Engineer in Test, you\'ll become part of a team focused on innovation and change. You\'ll work a little harder. You\'ll aim a little higher. You\'ll expect more from yourself and others. And at the end of the day, you\'ll be doing a lot of good.
As Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be predominantly involved in developing and automating business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. This is more than a challenging development role. This is high performance technology. Are you up for the challenge Join us and start doing your life\'s best work.(sm)
- Design, development and implement automated tests in an ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) setting.
- Design test procedures and test cases for automated software testing.
- Design automated test Scripts that are reusable.
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance.
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities.
- Execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
- Prepare the status report of testing activities.
- Good knowledge on Automation Framework preparation / usage.
- Mentor and direct other testers in automation and software engineering principles.
- Engineer automated test and metric reporting solutions.
- Develop in-depth system and application knowledge to provide higher test quality and coverage.
- Constantly evaluate and enhance the test automation strategy and approach.
- Collaborate as part of the scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the user stories.
- Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience.
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate.
- Research and implement tools that support faster delivery with high quality.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so.
- B. Tech. / MCA / M. Tech (Minimum 16 years of formal education)
- Hands-on experience on test automation of APIs (SOAP / REST services)
- experience working in a CI / CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests.
- Hands-on knowledge on Java, Spock, Groovy, Selenium, Gatling, Junit, Geb, Cucumber.
- Strong communication collaboration and influencing skills to drive change.
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Agile Central Rally experience
- Exposure to Issue Management applications like ALM.
Careers with Optum. Here\'s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world\'s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the United Health Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life\'s best work.(sm)