Senior Software Engineering Lead Java Cloud Architect
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that\'s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn\'t about another gadget, it\'s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There\'s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life\'s best work.(sm)
The individual will be a key contributor in the efforts of building and cloud-based system architecture using cloud infra core concepts on Azure. The individual will design the cloud infrastructure keeping the application architecture as reference point and then be involved in migrating application to cloud. This individual would be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of cloud solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. This position demands very hands-on individual who will be expected to write code as well.
- Be responsible for large and complex components, while influencing overall product architecture and patterns. Develops and demonstrates holistic understanding of the product.
- Learn new technology fast and implement required POCs and prototypes hands on to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements.
- Take care of various NFRs such as extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, user experience.
- Actively develops threat prevention mechanisms and drives security best practice adherence in code reviews.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so.
- Bachelor\'s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 12 + Years of full life cycle development experience in open source with strong experience in Microservices architecture.
- 3 + Years of experience of working with cloud (Azure/AWS)
- 5 + experience of architecting and building cloud based high throughput platforms and applications using Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Web Services.
- 5 + Years of experience working with RDBS and 1 + with No Sql Databases (Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.)
- 1 + Years of experience with Dockers, Kubernetes.
- Cloud (Azure Cloud Engineering / AWS), Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Databases.
- experience building cloud based large scale systems architecture applying microservices concepts.
- experience in architecting Zero trust solutions and Security patterns on cloud.
- experience in leading cloud architecture, system design and external system integrations on cloud-based solutions / platforms, provide guidance to the entire team.
- experience with certificate management, Identity management solutions, key rotations and their automation.
- Hands on and be ready to contribute right from architecture building to writing code.
- Seen multiple system being designed and built end to end using java stack.
- Possess/acquire strong troubleshooting skills and be interested in performing troubleshooting of issues in different desperate technologies and environments.
- Proficiency in applying object-oriented principles and recommended design patterns to create robust and scalable system designs.
- Azure Cloud Certification
- 1 + Years of experience Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- 1 + Years of experience with queuing systems (Kafka, Rebbit MQ etc.)
- Exposure in using and developing applications on big data technologies - Spark, Data Bricks.
- experience from Healthcare domain or Academy for Health Care Management Certification.
- experience building infrastructure as code solutions.
- Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible, Go, Python, Dev Ops.
- Python, Go, Angular, NodeJS
Careers with Optum. Here\'s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world\'s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the United Health Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life\'s best work.(sm)