Software Engineering Manager Multinational Fortune 500 Leading Company 10 15 Years T855
Software Engineering Manager, India - Retail Commerce ICC.
Who are We are looking for
We are looking for candidates that can build and Lead, Coach, Drive and Inspire technology teams. The ideal candidate should be extremely self-motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced Dev Ops environment and be able to develop a vision and long-term goals for how your teams will serve our Nike’s Technology. You will need to leverage your prior experience, knowledge of industry trends, and personal creativity to develop new and innovative solutions which delight our customers.
What will you work on
For this role, the candidate will be part of Retail Commerce organization, which is responsible for building next generation tools for Nike stores to help them perform sales. This includes Front of House – POS (Point of Sale) systems and Back of House reporting and store management systems. Our systems are used in 37 countries and we serve 540M consumers and 46,000 athletes annually. We are in process of modernizing our tools from legacy solution to cloud-based architecture. We are adding omni channel capabilities to our tools to serve our consumers better. This is a team that’s always on the offense, working on innovative solutions, building world class experiences to serve Nike members around the globe. Ensuring your teams can execute effectively is the highest priority and will be facilitated by the Senior Engineering Manager by fielding the right team, measuring and adjusting in an Agile environment and ensuring the right work, with the right scope and the right timelines are aligned and agreed upon.
Who will you work with
The Senior Engineering Manager will be directly managing software developers and other squad resources to effectively build, deploy and support applications that provide value for the business. To be successful, the Senior Engineering Manager will also work within the leadership team. They will partner with Product, Program and Architectural counterparts to navigate ongoing feature. This role does require the candidate to interact with stakeholders and interested parties in Nike’s other offices and locations to coordinate, plan and ultimately deliver.
What do you bring to Nike
- Being a leader at Nike, the Senior Engineering Manager is required to have great communication skills for which to represent and speak for the team.
- The candidate should have more than 7 years of experience managing technical teams and come from a strong digital technology background.
- A background managing teams building scalable, cloud-based applications is highly preferred and should be able to clearly communicate industry best practices, implement the right technical trends and avoid anti-patterns.
- When moving quickly, requirements and technical direction may not always be clear, and the Senior Engineering Manager is expected to step in, set that direction, measure results and adjust as necessary.
- Tech experience/knowledge needed: REST, AWS, Java, Document Stores (like DynamoDB or MongoDB)