Senior Systems Engineer Us Fortune 500 Retail Convenience Store Company Years T1009
Sr Systems Engineer
Join the core group of founding members at the Global Center to build a tech powerhouse from the ground up.
7-Eleven introduced the world to convenience. And in return, the world made us the #1 convenience retailer. It started with a simple idea – give customers what they want, when and where they want it. That was 1927. And what started on a single ice dock in Dallas, Texas, has since grown to more than 70,000 locations in 18 countries around the globe. The idea may have been simple, but it started a retail revolution.
We are known for our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. From coffee to go and self-serve sodas to serving customers 24/7, 7?Eleven has revolutionized the in-store experience. Today we have over over 20,000 employees.
About the Global Center
For 90 years, 7?Eleven has been successfully meeting customers’ needs. But convenience is now being redefined. We’re integrating more than 70,000 stores worldwide with a strong digital and e-commerce presence. Through machine learning, artificial intelligence, and next-level mobile technologies, we’ll meet—and exceed—our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Our goal is to transform 7-Eleven into a customer-obsessed, digitally enabled organization. The Global Center in India will play a significant role in the transformation journey at 7-Eleven by building products that support business activities at each of our convenience stores.
Our environment is like working in a very fast-paced Startup with the backing of a large global company. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt an industry, solve problems, and make technological history.
When you join us, you will
· Take end-to-end ownership – Within a product area, the teams will own end-to-end delivery of solutions. The teams will be entrusted with responsibility and ownership for the delivery of products. They will also support the local teams in each country in integrating new digital assets with existing systems.
· Challenge yourself –Products built in Bangalore will be deployed across our network of convenience stores, supporting over a billion transactions per year. If you are up for a challenge like never before, step forward.
· Build solutions for scale – 7?Eleven is a brand that’s recognized worldwide. We have over 70,000 stores in over 17 countries. The product team will build digital solutions to be deployed at scale, supporting our business operations spread across the globe.
· Move around and grow - Cross-functional learning is not just allowed at 7?Eleven; it’s applauded. We’ve got the size, stability, and resources that make it possible for employees to find rewarding careers.
· To lead, we serve - 7?Eleven has always been about serving the needs of our customers. This philosophy also extends the 7-Eleven team.
Cues: Choose from the below based on the role. Responsible for system uptime and performance as it relates to hardware and software configuration, validating server-related hardware and software specifications for procurement; installing, upgrading, and relocating servers and server-related hardware and software. Work with business areas, IT, and end users. Provide customer service and resolve support issues according to service level agreements. Develop and maintain system documentations.
The job of a Sr. Systems Engineer at 7-Eleven Global Center comes with a lot of responsibility – and lots of fun.
You’re looking for a role where you can drive decisions, be challenged, and build products ground-up. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people, who share a passion for technology and commerce. Your responsibilities at the center include:
Cues: Work assignments, responsibilities, the team, internal and external interfaces, etc. Provide implementation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting activities for server hardware and operating system software. Coordinate and perform server and peripheral installs, adds, moves, and changes in accordance with user timing and needs and to minimize impact on users resulting from maintenance activities. Provide level 3 troubleshooting and support of all Linux infrastructure services related issues. Resolve end-user problems using the designated Help-Desk management tools to respond to issues and to track problems. Perform user account and group management as required. Work closely with other IT departments (i.e. Network Services, EHD, PC Support,
Security, etc.) to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Perform business analysis of infrastructure services including but not limited to: operational performance, operation problems, design and prototypes of current and emerging technologies. Develop and maintain system documentation throughout the life cycle of the system. Generate system metrics and reports for purposes of detecting performance bottleneck and capacity planning.
Thriving on autonomy and trust, you’re a team player and an innovator who enjoys the challenge of solving problems. And your skills include:
Cues: List of competences and experience required for the role.
· Must be a self-starter and proactive individual.
· Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments.
· Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions.
· Implement patches, hot fixes.
· Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator with Azure and/or Oracle Cloud experience.
· In depth knowledge of Linux: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.
· experience in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting.
· Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, LDAP, NFS, and SMTP.
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
· Understanding of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
· Ability to follow Standards documents, Process and Procedures Documents, and Baseline documents and standards.
· Good written and verbal communication/personal skills and very detail oriented.
· Regularly confers with Practice Administrator regarding problems, defects, or potential security breaches, as well as current and prospective system changes and future needs.
Sounds interesting? Here’s your chance to build what’s next in convenience retail.