Data Engineer, India – ED and A ICC
Become a Part of the Nike, Inc. Team
Nike, Inc. Does more than outfit the world\'s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Who are We are looking for
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We are looking a Data Engineer to keep pace. As Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Enterprise Data and Analytics. The ideal candidate will have programming experience, big data skills, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
What will you work on
· Design and building simple (non - complex) reusable components of larger process or framework to support analytics products with guidance from experienced peers.
· Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders.
· Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
· Clean, prepare and optimize data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
· Support the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture.
· Implement automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools.
· Understand and use continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks.
· Participate in design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards.
· Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions.
· Troubleshoot straightforward data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product issues.
Who will you work with
You will be reporting to the Engineering manager, you will work with Product Manager, other Engineering Team Members and with a variety of talented Nike teammates. You will be part of team that will be a driving force in building Data and Analytic solutions for Nike Technology.
What you bring
· 3 + Years’ experience developing Data and Analytic solutions.
· experience building data lake solutions leveraging one or more of following AWS, EMR, S3, Hive and Spark.
· experience with relational SQL
· experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python.
· experience with source control tools such as Git Hub and related dev process.
· experience with workflow scheduling tools such as Airflow.
· In-depth knowledge of scalable cloud
· Has a passion for data solutions
· Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
· Strong understanding of solution and technical design.
· Has a strong problem solving and analytical mindset.
· experience working with Agile Teams.
· Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders.
· Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
Nike, Inc. Is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. Nike, Inc. Is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.