The primary component of this role is to supervise the day and nightshift cleaning teams in
duties and associated tasks.
• Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking
• Matric preferable
• Demonstrate the aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
• Physically fit – the role requires walking, lifting, bending and other physical abilities
• Computer literacy advantageous
• Good communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Able to supervise staff
• Honest and reliable
• Use own initiative and be proactive
• Liaise with the Manager on a daily basis regarding current tasks, and assist in the planning of
• Ensure all assigned duties are carried out, and that resources are efficiently utilized.
• Act as a communication conduit between management and staff.
• Maintain and control use of stock, equipment and consumables.
• Timeously request purchase of consumables, equipment and materials.
• Monitor and report absenteeism to the Manager.
• Where required, gather and provide information on a daily, monthly and annual basis, including
Receipts and invoicing
• Prepare overtime rosters for approval by the Manager.
• Work with members of other teams as required.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are met and maintained in all facilities, and report
shortcomings/faults to the
• Monitor standards and compliance of work performed by outsourced contractors.
• Monitor and assist in planning for holiday work requirements (bi/annual cleaning work).
• Other duties as assigned