Software Engineer Iii Leading Fortune 100 Multinational Company Years T878
We help people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. At Walmart Labs, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Labs and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With the fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores to mobile, social, and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
At Walmart Global Tech in Bangalore, we use technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on the latest technology stack to support both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to join our team and help us in building our next generation Replenishment and Forecasting Platform for Walmart. We drive $200B + inventory replenishments annually. Improved forecast will help drive down the inventory days of supply and reduce waste for perishable grocery – savings measured in billions of dollars – while improving our in stocks. Effectively predicting demand involves learning from past sales and modelling the effects price, promotions, store placements, local events, weather etc. Replenishment ensures we have the effective distribution of the demand to the final destinations (Stores, DCs, etc.)
- Write efficient and quality code that can work @ Walmart scale.
- Adopt Walmart’s quality standards and develop and recommend process standards and best practices across the retail industry.
- Research, learn and adapt new technologies to solve problems and improve existing solutions.
- Participate in events to build innovative solutions.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Partner with scrum lead/architect and product managers for Sprint planning, design, estimation.
- Ability to translate functional requirements to technical design and requirements.
- Perform code reviews, develop and review test scenarios in collaboration with test engineering team.
- Strong design and coding experience in Core Java, Object Oriented programming, RDBMS (DB2, MariaDB), SQL, NoSQL (Cassandra), Kafka, Spring, Elastic Search and Shell Scripting.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (Jira, Jenkins, GIT, JUnit, Selenium, Lint)
- experience in building secure, highly available, resilient, scalable distributed systems leveraging clustering and load balancing of web (Apache), app servers (Tomcat) and messaging systems.
- Strong Knowledge of container based development, orchestration, micro services frameworks and tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Jersey, Swagger)
- Exposure to web development and modern JS Frameworks is a strong plus (Java Script, HTML 5, Angular or ReactJS)
- experience in Cloud and Container based development (Kube) is a plus.
- experience using Big Data frameworks and NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Big Query) is a plus.
- experience in data aggregation frameworks (Spark) is a plus.
- Exposure to Mainframe is a plus
- Retail and Supply Chain domain background is a plu.