Quality Engineer Leading Fortune 500 Organisation Years T883
Who we are?
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest and most iconic brands in the world.
Leading Fortune 500 Organisation is a rapidly growing retailer, known for our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a Leading Fortune 500 Organisation registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 70,000 + stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month. But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways.we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
About This Opportunity
· To be responsible for testing the performance of APIs, DB calls (SQL and NoSQL) and UI.
· To be responsible for performance testing, stress testing, Spike testing, volume-based testing, endurance testing, and load testing.
· Understand business use cases, internal/external performance Benchmarks, debug performance issues, design performance testing framework, decision making on issues, technical assistance in performance analysis and performance tuning of DB/OS/APIs.
· Create JMeter Scripts using groovy/Bean Shell to test the performance of applications.
· Identify hardware and software bottlenecks in the application and raise them to the Infrastructure and Development Team.
· Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Strategy and Development, QA, Sales and Services, and other central teams to improve performance and scalability of multiple products.
· Review and participate in product benchmarking and design reviews of multiple products to provide early feedback into the design of products.
· Test API and UI performance of new or updated APIs/UI within the Sprint along with manual and automation testers.
· Prepare Performance Comparison Report for APIs/UI (before and after the code changes) and share the report with the stakeholders along with Test Summary Report.
· Manage JMeter Scripts through the git repository.
· Integrate JMeter Test Plan with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
· Run JMeter Scripts through Jenkins Daily and analyze the response time and performance issues daily along with Dev and Infrastructure Team.
· Create Performance Metrics report for each release.
· Work closely with QA and PM team members to understand performance requirements and provide a strong performance service.
· Provides regular performance reports on test progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with project testing.
· A deep understanding of performance testing methodologies like performance testing guidelines for cloud-native, Web and Java Applications.
· Must have hands-on experience in performance testing tools such as JMeter/Gatling, POSTMAN, chrome performance developer tools.
· experience in performance analysis at different layers of application development such as database tuning, JAVA tuning, and UI tuning.
· experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
· experience in working on cloud platforms such as AWS/Google Cloud/Windows Azure.
· Hands on experience in autoscaling and load balancers.
· experience in working on monitoring tools such as New Relic/Splunk/App Dynamics.
· Should be able to extrapolate performance testing results and provide proper production capacity sizing for the application scaling.
· experience with performance monitoring tools and understanding performance metrics.
· Knowledge of Multithreading concepts, Indexing concepts, heap concepts, stack overflow concepts, Lazy loading, and Compression concepts.
· experience in SQL, database tuning, capacity planning based on the performance of the application.
· Hands of experience in shell/ Perl scripting.