Software Engineer Iii Global Fortune 100 Organisation Years T847
We help people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. At Walmart Labs, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Labs and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With the fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores to mobile, social, and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
At Walmart Global Tech in Bangalore, we use technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on the latest technology stack to support both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to join our team and help us in building our next generation Replenishment and Forecasting Platform for Walmart. We drive $200B + inventory replenishments annually. Improved forecast will help drive down the inventory days of supply and reduce waste for perishable grocery – savings measured in billions of dollars – while improving our in stocks. Effectively predicting demand involves learning from past sales and modelling the effects price, promotions, store placements, local events, weather etc. Replenishment ensures we have the effective distribution of the demand to the final destinations (Stores, DCs, etc.)
- Technology should not be a bar for future /Flexible to Switch the Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Analytics and Visualization Tools.
- Coordinate System change with customer and other areas.
- Coordinate system support and performance.
- Demonstrate up to date expertise and applies this to the development, execution and improvement of action plan.
- Ensure technology roadmaps are incorporated into hardware and software platforms Lead Team Task.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions.
- \"Leads the development of system solution within the guidelines identified in the information systems development life cycle (ISDLC)\".
- Application side development knowledge is a must for better troubleshooting.
- Should be familiar with Big query concepts.
- Database knowledge is a must.
- AVT Tools knowledge : Altryx/PowerBI/Tableau/Looker. Good with scripting, UNIX/Linux Server side knowledge.
- Should be familiar with cloud Services like Azure/GCP.