Site Reliability Engineer Lead Fortune 500 Retailing Convenience Store Giant Years T1032
We are seeking a creative, hands-on, talented engineer to be a member of the 7-Eleven Global platform development team. We’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
Objectives of this Role
• Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
• Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
• Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
• Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
• Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications.
• Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
• Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
• Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
• Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
• Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT • Ability to program with one or more high level languages, such as Python, Java, and Java Script.
• One or more of AWS Sys Ops Administrator Associate, Certified Dev Ops Engineer Professional, or Developer Associate Certification.
• Good knowledge in Splunk, Logz, Newrelic, Good knowledge on Creating monitoring dashboards, alerts.
• Must have good knowledge to build a scalable infra structure in cloud and maintain.
• Good knowledge on all cloud based platforms (AWS, HA)
• Hands-on development experience using Python, Node.js, or Java.
• Good knowledge in Git repository and versioning strategies.
• A thorough understanding of System administration.
• experience with Linux required.
• Ability to work in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
• Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
• A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
• Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
• Strong communication skills.