Dg 22 Sr Solutions Architect Multinational Automotive Retail Company 11 15 Years T698
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Act as a solution advisor to IT Project Teams as they work with Business Domain owners to understand the needs of a given Business Domain.
· Act as the gatekeeper of Best Practices and IT governance.
· Champion the adoption of modern, integration solutions for critical business use case.
· Champion Supply Chain IT solution with Enterprise Architect and Information Security areas.
· Liaise with Information Security for on-going requirement, Risk Assessments, and Recommendations.
· Evangelize and drive Innovation with the IT Project Teams and Business Domain owners.
· Guide the decision making around the SDLC process to ensure it is tailored to the reality of modern integration technologies.
· Perform the role of Sr Solutions Architect with Technical and Business teams.
O Partner with business stakeholders to understand and articulate business priorities and strategies, and translate them into enablement roadmaps, initiatives and designs that can be effectively realized within given time, technical and business constraints.
O Lead Technical Requirements Gathering for business solutions.
O Perform Impact Analysis on proposed Business Capabilities.
O Drive and influence the IT \"to-be\" technology footprint, develop roadmap and phased transition approach.
O Integrate solution design artifacts into the documentation libraries that makes up Application, Support, and Enterprise Architecture Knowledge Bases.
O Develop Solution Blueprint and System Architect Diagrams.
O Create Reference Models for, and facilitate the application of newly adopted technologies.
O Participate in Security Architectural Reviews and Assessments and other Info Sec Evaluations.
O Liaise with other Technical teams to support Best Practices and IT Governance.
O Research and recommend new technologies for adoption into the AAP Architecture set of standards.
O Develop new skills to stay current with the changing IT and Business landscape.
O Participate and influence the EA roadmap which defines the IT strategy for technology implementation and retirement.
O Collaborate with Supply Chain IT Management, Leads, PMs and Business Analysts.
O Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested.
· Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· A Sr Solutions Architect must have working knowledge of the Retail or Supply Chain Business domain.
· The Sr Solutions Architect must have deep knowledge of Integration concepts, Cloud-based service and Integration, as well as, data orchestration/aggregation/transformation concepts.
· Specific Mulesoft, Kafka, Azure, AWS, and Oracle Cloud experience is a big plus.
· Expertise preferred in High Jump WMS, Blue Yonder (JDA) TMS, Inventory, and Fulfillment Suites, Sales Force, and Intelex.
· Expertise in multiple IT domains. A Sr Solutions Architect must have:
O Expert level competency in the principles of Application Integration.
O Understanding of the Solution Development Life Cycle.
O Competency in the following disciplines.
§ Middleware Capabilities
§ Relational Database Design and Integration.
§ Object Relational Mapping
· Competency with Application Design Principles.
O Application Integration
O Service Oriented Architecture
O API and Micro Services
· Knowledgeable in Agile software development and Dev Ops methodologies, along with Waterfall and IT Release Management.
· Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Lucid Charts, Confluent and Jira.
· Enthusiasm to start with big picture concepts and see them through to successful delivery with a willingness to support the detailed level of execution to ensure success.
· Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal.
O Sr Solutions Architect must be able to effectively communicate with non-technical Business Domain members.
O Sr Solutions Architect must be able to clearly articulate solution design ideas in written and verbal form to technical audiences.
O Articulate to Business Owners the impacts in sub-optimal designs and influence better technical (and process) solutions.
O Capability to explain the ‘technical/complicated’ to teams so that all can understand and drive adoption.
· Self-Directed, Independent. Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Go-Getter. Possesses strong, planning, execution and multitasking skills and demonstrated ability to reprioritize accordingly. Must be able to manage quickly changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Excellent Research Skills
O Must be able to evaluate requirements against technologies and design patterns to produce appropriate Solution Designs.
O Must be able to evaluate new technologies and design patterns for adoption into the AAP Architecture set of standards.
Education and/or experience
Bachelor\'s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, and 10 + years of Application Development and Architecture Definition experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in the Retail Industry and Supply Chain areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.